We're a fast-growing SaaS company focused on building the operating system for small accountancy and bookkeeping firms. Our platform helps them collaborate better and stay on top of work & deadlines, work with clients, improve client relationships, and increase visibility and accountability in their firm.
Backed by leading investors, we're just getting started and already making a big impact: our product is loved by thousands of accountants in over 12 countries who rely on it daily to get their jobs done.
To further accelerate our growth we are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future.
We are looking for a talented product engineer with exceptional technical acumen to join our London-based engineering team and help us deliver improvements across the stack in quick iterations.
You take pride in delivering products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of customers. Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Work on all layers of the stack, from frontend to infrastructure.
- Write high-quality end-to-end software and take full ownership for feature delivery.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet and improve on our product quality and code security standards.
- Train and mentor other developers.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with our tech-stack: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Postgresql, Vue.js.
- A proven track record of delivering features end-to-end.
- Debug production issues across systems and our tech stack.
- Have production experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, KMS, SES, Elasticache, Cloudwatch).
- Strong communication skills and willingness to support others when needed.
- Solid understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments (or equivalent).
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Willingness to investigate from the source by talking directly with clients if needed.
- Experience with terraform.
- Salary of £60k-£80k plus 0.15%-0.3% equity
- Collaborative environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- UK pension scheme
- 30 days of holidays, plus bank holidays and birthdays off
- Discretionary growth budget for learning (eg. books, courses), gym, etc.
- Flexible working policy (eg. working hours, remote vs. office) and holiday breaks
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.