We're a fast-growing SaaS company focused on building the operating system for small accountancy and bookkeeping firms. Our platform helps them collaborate better and stay on top of work & deadlines, work with clients, improve client relationships, and increase visibility and accountability in their firm.
Backed by leading investors, we're just getting started and already making a big impact: our product is loved by thousands of accountants in over 12 countries who rely on it daily to get their jobs done.
To further accelerate our growth we are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future.
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our London-based engineering team that focuses on customer experience and retention.
Your expert knowledge in modern browser standards and technologies will help steer the frontend architecture, ensuring maximum compatibility and responsiveness of Pixie’s layouts.
Your design instincts allow you to get things done with minimal guidance from the design team. You will be responsible for testing your own code and verify its compatibility with the browsers and devices used by our customers.
You take pride in delivering products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of customers.
Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with product and design to improve our product's user experience.
- Develop a keen eye for quickly resolving smaller issues that keep customers happy.
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested front-end code.
- Ensure maximum browser and device compatibility of Pixie’s frontend.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet our product quality and code security standards.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering.
- Have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with Vue.js and Sass/Scss.
- Solid understanding of CSS, HTML and the DOM.
- Proven experience designing frontend architectures.
- Proven experience writing and managing automated frontend test suites.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Good understanding of Hotwire’s architecture (StimulusJS + Turbolinks).
- Solid understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments (or equivalent).
to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and
incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s product and technology.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Salary of £60k-£80k plus 0.15%-0.3% equity
- Collaborative environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- UK pension scheme
- 30 days of holidays, plus bank holidays and birthdays off
- Discretionary growth budget for learning (eg. books, courses), gym, etc.
- Flexible working policy (eg. working hours, remote vs. office) and holiday breaks
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.