We're a fast-growing SaaS company focused on building the operating system for small accountancy and bookkeeping firms. Our platform helps them collaborate better and stay on top of work & deadlines, work with clients, improve client relationships, and increase visibility and accountability in their firm.
Backed by leading investors, we're just getting started and already making a big impact: our product is loved by thousands of accountants in over 12 countries who rely on it daily to get their jobs done.
To further accelerate our growth we are looking for experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to join our London-based engineering team that focuses on growth and user adoption.
In addition to taking immense pride in delivering products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of customers, you have a track record of turning complex business requirements into elegant, well-tested code.
Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Develop integrations with external systems, possibly contributing to open-source projects.
- Be a subject matter expert on Ruby on Rails and its software patterns.
- Write high-quality, well-tested Rails software and take full ownership for feature delivery.
- Recommend best-practice approaches and provide timeline estimates.
- Debug production issues across systems and our tech stack.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet our product quality and code security standards.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering.
- Have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with our Rails stack: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Puma, PostgreSQL.
- A proven track record of delivering features end-to-end.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate with others.
to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s product and technology.
- A good understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments (or equivalent).
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience with AWS and terraform.
- Salary of £60k-£80k plus 0.15%-0.3% equity
- Collaborative environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- UK pension scheme
- 30 days of holidays, plus bank holidays and birthdays off
- Discretionary growth budget for learning (eg. books, courses), gym, etc.
- Flexible working policy (eg. working hours, remote vs. office) and holiday breaks
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.