Pixie brings small accountancy and bookkeeping teams together to collaborate and deliver better service to their clients. Our software helps them manage work, clients and deadlines in one place.
We are building a sustainable, global business, backed by world-class angel investors who believe in our mission.
We are at an exciting inflexion point in our business and are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future while respecting our values:
- Go the distance
- Continuous learning
We are looking for a talented product engineer to join our team. This is a remote position that requires an overlap with GMT +/- 3. We hire in any country within these timezone boundaries.
You take pride in delivering products that have a positivie impact on the daily lives of customers. You strive to understand the customer and their priorities.
Your immediate responsabilities will include:
- Write high-quality end-to-end software and take full ownership for feature delivery.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet and improve on our product quality and code security standards.
- Train and mentor other developers.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
This role reports directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with our tech-stack: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Postgresql, Vue.js.
- A proven track record of delivering features end-to-end.
- Debug production issues across systems and our tech stack.
- Have production experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, KMS, SES, Elasticache, Cloudwatch).
- Strong communication skills and willingness to support others when needed.
- Solid understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments (or equivalent).
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Willingness to investigate from the source by talking directly with clients if needed.
- Experience with terraform.
- Market-rate salary + share options scheme.
- Budget for WFH set-up, or co-working desk (when possible).
- Discretionary budget for learning (e.g. books, courses).
- Flexible working hours and holiday breaks.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.